Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, November 15, 2015

deer - drawing challenge 180



"Deer", this week's drawing challenge, reminded me of the  prehistoric
 cave paintings in the Lascaux Caves in the South of France.



















I've played a bit with the second image above and I came to this...













































Besides that; for a couple of years there's a postcard
in the window of my cupboard: "Hind" by Joseph Beuys 
 (just click his name to see an earlier post about him)
















To see more "deer", please visit the site of Tammie  here
She's the host this week.


9 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

oh yes, cave paintings, a wonderful thing to remember. they are wonderful too. I so enjoyed what you did with them, they are very lively. Thank you for joining us!

sheila 77 said...

Lovely to see the cave paintings.
Your drawing and background are terrific, and I like all the photo-editing riffs. I tried to choose a favourite colour-wise, maybe the third one down on the right?

Veronica Roth said...

Most wonderful! I love those old cave paintings. To me they're just so emotive. Our ancestors coming to life. You've done a wonderful job of paying homage to the ancestors. Just lovely.

Patrice A. said...

such a fine deer of Beuys!
but i like yours too
my favorite the first drawing
on the collage background
nice!!
and
it's good to visit you again ;^))
x

nadine paduart said...

that's clever, eric, and i like the different colour tones. i always love it so much to follow what the artist's way of thinking is. n♥

Miss Herzfrisch said...

A good inspiration the cave paitings... love your experiences with different colours.
♥ Sabine

ULKAU said...

A great inspiration and realization of this idea, Eric! Ulrike

Caterina Giglio said...

Awesome work, Eric... very inspiring

Ariane Reichardt said...

Dear Eric,
thank you for reminding me on that beautiful, very early drawings.
You've turned them to something modern. Beautiful!

I didn't know that deer by Beuys! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...