Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, June 21, 2014

along the road





One thing leads to another ....
Surfing the web I came across Kristin's blog "twinkletwinklelikeastar".
She's hosting this summer a weekly blog event, The Summer of Color, centered around the colors of the rainbow.
Every week there's a new color palette as starting point.
At first sight the image below reminded me of the color field paintings of Brice Marden. But it was not...
It's the color palette of this week: Coral & Teal with a Smudge, Splash or Pop of Bright White.

It brought me back to two pieces I've made in 2012, "Along the road, I and II",
each 12,5 x 12,5 cm (5 x 5 inch), collage, mixed media, 2012.
Not special made for the summer of color, but I don't often use this color combination and
I think the event is a great idea. So a good reason to show them again.
Thank you Kristen for hosting this wonderful event.

Coral & Teal with a Smudge,
Splash or Pop of Bright White

12 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Great to see you revive some older pieces Eric...and getting it 'out there'.

Kristin said...

So happy to have you join in! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us, Kristin

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are simply stunning. I really enjoy visiting your blog, and although I'm here for SOC this time, I've been here before because of Seth.

DVArtist said...

Very nicely done. Happy weekend
Nicole/Beadwright

Cindy McMath said...

Your work is stunning - thanks for adding it to our Summer of Color.

GlorV1 said...

Hi, nice to meet you and love what you've done with the colors. gloria

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your work is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it and for joining us at SOC!

Paper rainbow said...

Its so good to see some great abstract work as part of the challenge... :)

Carmen said...

Love the colours and texture - that blue in particular just popped out of the screen at me!

Caz said...

There is great texture in your piece, lovely :-)

CERULEAN said...

Thank you all for your kind comments:)

Patrice A. said...

hoi!
ik ben wederom de dc-host
doe je mee?

dag
Patrice A.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...